Reporting an absence due to illness or sickness is a necessary task for employees, including those working at Walmart. Walmart provides its associates with a call out number to simplify the process of reporting their absence.
In this article, we will explore the Walmart call out number, the methods to report an absence, important information to provide, and the company’s leave of absence policies.
Walmart Call Out Number
Walmart has an attendance hotline called the Associate Information Line that employees can use to report absences due to sickness. In some cases, you might be able to use the One Walmart website or the Walmart OneWire mobile app to report an absence.
Keep in mind that it’s essential to follow your store’s specific policies and procedures when calling out. Walmart’s call out number is 800-492-5678 but the number can vary by location, so it’s best to check with your local store or ask your manager for a specific number.
When you call, make sure you have your Walmart Associate ID and the facility number for the store or location where you work. Keep in mind that policies and contact information might change over time, so it’s always a good idea to double-check with your store or local HR department for the most up-to-date information.
The Ways to Report an Absence at Walmart
At Walmart, there are a few ways for employees to report an absence or tardiness. Keep in mind that store policies and procedures may vary by location, so always confirm with your local store or manager for the most accurate information. Here are some general methods:
- Associate Information Line: This is a phone-based system that allows you to report an absence or tardiness. The phone number for the Associate Information Line can vary by store location, so ask your manager or check your employee materials for the correct number.
- Walmart One/Walmart OneWire: Walmart has an online portal (Walmart One) and a mobile app (Walmart OneWire) that employees can use to access information and manage their schedules. You may be able to report an absence or tardiness through this platform. Visit the Walmart One website or download the Walmart OneWire app and log in with your employee credentials to access these features.
- Directly Informing Your Manager: In some situations, you might need to directly contact your manager or supervisor to report your absence or tardiness. Ensure you know your store’s policy and adhere to it when reporting an absence in this manner.
Information to Provide while Absence at Walmart
When reporting an absence at Walmart, it is essential to provide accurate and complete information so that your store can manage your absence effectively. Here is some information that you may need to provide when reporting an absence:
- Your Name: Clearly state your full name so that your manager or the attendance system can identify you.
- Employee ID or WIN: Your Walmart Identification Number (WIN) or employee ID may be necessary to verify your identity within the system.
- Store Number: Provide your store number or location to ensure your absence is reported to the correct store.
- Date(s) of Absence: Clearly specify the date(s) you will be absent or tardy. If you know the duration of your absence, provide that information as well.
- Reason for Absence: Briefly explain the reason for your absence or tardiness (e.g., personal illness, family emergency, or other reasons outlined in Walmart’s attendance policy). Be prepared to provide documentation if required by your store’s policy.
- Contact Information: Make sure your manager or the attendance system has your up-to-date contact information in case they need to get in touch with you for any follow-up or clarification.
- Scheduled Shift(s): If possible, inform them of the specific shift(s) you are scheduled to work during your absence. This will help them to find a replacement or adjust the schedule accordingly.
Rules of Walmart Leave of Absence
Walmart’s Leave of Absence policies can vary depending on the type of leave, the location, and any updates to the company policies. It’s always best to consult with your local store or manager and review the most current employee handbook to understand the specific rules that apply to your situation. Generally, Walmart has different types of leaves of absence, including:
- Medical Leave: For personal illness or injury, including pregnancy and childbirth, you may be eligible for medical leave. You might need to provide documentation from a healthcare provider and follow any required procedures.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA): FMLA is a federal law that provides eligible employees with up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave per year for certain family and medical reasons. You will need to meet the eligibility criteria, which may include working for Walmart for at least 12 months and having worked at least 1,250 hours during the 12 months before the leave
- Personal Leave: Walmart may offer personal leave for situations not covered by medical or FMLA leave, such as bereavement or education. This type of leave is typically subject to approval by your manager or HR representative.
- Military Leave: If you are called to active duty or military training, Walmart generally provides military leave in compliance with the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA).
- Parental Leave: Walmart offers parental leave for eligible employees to bond with a new child. This leave is available to employees who have worked for the company for a certain period, typically 12 months, and meet other eligibility requirements.
Some General Rules for Walmart’s Leave of Absence Policies to Remember
- Timely notification: Notify your manager or HR representative as soon as possible when you become aware of the need for a leave of absence.
- Documentation: You may be required to provide appropriate documentation to support your leave requests, such as medical certification or military orders.
- Approval process: Depending on the type of leave, you may need to go through an approval process, which could involve your manager, HR representative, or a third-party administrator.
- Job protection and benefits: While on an approved leave of absence, you may have job protection and continued access to certain benefits, as outlined in the company’s policies or as required by law.
Tips to Follow When Calling in Sick at Walmart
When calling in sick at Walmart, it’s essential to follow the appropriate protocol to ensure smooth communication and minimize disruption to store operations. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Determine if you’re too sick to work: Assess your condition and decide whether you’re unfit to work. If you have a contagious illness or are unable to perform your duties, it’s best to stay home.
- Call in as soon as possible: Notify your supervisor or manager as soon as you realize you’re unable to work. Walmart requires employees to call in at least 3 hour before their shift begins.
However, the earlier you call, the better, as it gives the store more time to find a replacement if necessary.
- Use the Walmart Associate Hotline: Call the Walmart Associate Hotline at 1-800-775-5944. This hotline is available 24/7, so you can call anytime to report your absence. Follow the automated system prompts to report your absence and remember to have your WIN (Walmart Identification Number) handy.
- Be honest and concise: When speaking with your supervisor or manager, be honest about your reason for calling in sick. Keep the conversation brief and focused on your inability to work due to illness.
- Provide documentation if necessary: Depending on the nature of your illness and the duration of your absence, you may be asked to provide documentation, such as a doctor’s note, to support your claim. Be prepared to do so if requested.
- Follow-up with your supervisor or manager: If your absence lasts longer than initially expected, keep your supervisor or manager informed of your status and provide an updated return-to-work date.
- Adhere to Walmart’s attendance policy: Make sure you’re familiar with Walmart’s attendance policy and the consequences of excessive absences. It’s crucial to maintain good attendance to avoid any potential disciplinary action.
Walmart has an Associate Information Line that employees can use to report absences or tardiness. Walmart associates use 800-492-5678 as their call out number but the number can vary by location, so it is essential to check with your local store or ask your manager for an accurate number. Employees may also be able to report their absence through the Walmart One website or the Walmart OneWire mobile app.
When reporting an absence, make sure to provide complete and accurate information, including your name, employee ID or WIN, store number, date(s) of absence, the reason for absence, contact information, and scheduled shift(s). Always adhere to your store’s specific policies and procedures when calling out to avoid any potential issues with attendance.